The ACCME defines joint providership as the providership of a CME activity by one or more accredited and one or more nonaccredited organizations. Therefore, ACCME accredited providers that plan and present one or more activities with non-ACCME accredited providers are engaging in "joint providership." Please note: the ACCME does not intend to imply that a joint providership relationship is an actual legal partnership. Therefore, the ACCME does not include the words partnership or partners in its definition of joint providership or description of joint providership requirements.
The accredited provider must take responsibility for a CME activity when it is presented in cooperation with a nonaccredited organization and must use the appropriate accreditation statement.
If our organization decides to pursue joint providership for our activity, what will it cost to complete the application process for a live activity?
The fees associated with joint providership of a live activity are $500 for the administrative cost plus $50 per credit. A credit is equal to one hour of CME. For example, if your activity is an all-day session (eight hours of education) then the administrative cost would be: $500 + $50.00 x 8.0 hours ($400) for a total cost of $900.
NOTE: Activities with commercial support will be billed $250 per educational grant and $100 per exhibit.
What is Einstein Healthcare Network responsible for during the process?
- Responding promptly (usually within one week of your request submission) to let you know if we can consider joint sponsoring your event.
- Working with you throughout the process to communicate requirements, provide training and resources, provide examples/templates when possible, answer questions, etc.
- Providing necessary oversight throughout the process to ensure that the CME activity meets AMA expectations and the ACCME provider requirements, including compliance with the ACCME Standards for Commercial Support of CME.
- Retaining activity information for required six years and providing duplicate transcripts when requested.
What are the next steps for my organization to apply for a joint providership?
- Complete a letter of intent via e-mail and include the following information: the organization’s name, name of event, date of event, and how the event will be funded (e.g., organizational support, advertising and exhibits, etc.) and your contact information.
- Complete the Application Request Form.
- Obtain a copy of your organization’s mission statement.
- Send all documents to Einstein Healthcare Network at email@example.com.
- Once your application is approved you will receive an electronic application from eeds.
- Your learners will be required to log into eeds, complete an elevation, and collect their certificate via eeds.