Programs & Specialties
Women’s Cardiovascular Program
Women have specific heart health needs. Einstein's Women's Cardiovascular Program is designed to fully meet the cardiovascular care needs of women at all stages of their lives, including:
- Risk evaluation and counseling pre-pregnancy
- Care of pregnant women who have heart disease
- Heart disease risk management for women in menopause
- Care of women with cardiovascular disease that results from cancer treatment
- Postpartum care for individuals with pre-eclampsia
Heart disease continues to be the leading cause of death for women, leading to more deaths than cancer. At Einstein, we are dedicated to improving the health of women by providing specialized services that can prevent, diagnose and treat heart disease.
What You Can Expect
Einstein's Women's Cardiovascular Program works to treat and prevent heart disease in women while addressing women's distinct concerns. Through evidence-based approaches, we treat the whole woman and coordinate care with specialists throughout Einstein.
You can expect comprehensive treatment options and support, timely appointments and a team-based approach to woman-centered heart-health services.
Our providers offer advanced diagnosis, care and prevention of heart disease, including:
- Comprehensive cardiovascular evaluation
- Risk factor assessments
- On-site testing
- Specialized diagnostics
- Prevention recommendations
- Treatment, therapies and management of cardiovascular disease
Learn more about assessments, testing and treatment.
Cardiovascular Risk Assessments
A cardiovascular risk assessment allows us to identify risk factors that could indicate your chance of having a cardiovascular event such as a heart attack or stroke. By understating these risk factors, we can help develop a comprehensive plan for treatment and follow-up.
- Screening for high blood pressure
- Screening for high cholesterol
- Screening for diabetes
- Calculating body mass index (BMI)
- Comprehensive lipid and inflammatory protein testing
- Exercise and pharmacologic stress testing
- Vascular imaging including carotid and peripheral arterial evaluations
Prevention and Treatment
- Lipid modification
- Nutrition counseling
- Smoking cessation
- Stress reduction
- Treatment of high blood pressure
- Weight loss
Treatments and Therapies
Our team includes cardiologists, obstetricians, physician assistants, nurses and other health care professionals who work collaboratively with specialists to deliver personalized treatment plans.
Why Women Choose Einstein’s Women’s Cardiovascular Program
- Expert care near you
- Woman-centered heart care/female cardiologists
- Comprehensive and advanced diagnostic testing and treatment
Meet Our Program Director
Nazanin Moghbeli, MD, MPH
Dr. Moghbeli earned her medical degree from Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine and a master's degree in Public Health from Johns Hopkins School of Public Health. She then completed her internship and residency in internal medicine at Brigham and Women's Hospital. Dr. Moghbeli also completed a fellowship in cardiovascular medicine at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania.
Dr. Moghbeli specializes in treating general cardiovascular disease, with a specific interest in women's cardiovascular health. She is the director of Einstein's Women's Cardiovascular Program and the director of the Cardiac Care Unit at Einstein Medical Center. Before joining Einstein, she was Penn Medicine's director of the Women's Cardiovascular Center at Pennsylvania Hospital and served as Associate Director of Women's Cardiovascular Health at Penn Radnor.
Dr. Moghbeli is board-certified in cardiology, echocardiography, nuclear cardiology and advanced heart failure. Her research has been published in numerous peer-reviewed journals. She is a committed medical educator and has designed innovative curriculums in medical humanities for medical schools throughout the United States and Europe.