Einstein Healthcare Network is proud to announce our 2022 Discover Healthcare I: Career Exploration Summer Program!
DHI is a two-week summer program designed to offer students in 10, 11 and 12th grade the ability to shadow healthcare professionals in several clinical areas. This summer program offers students an exciting opportunity to explore their career interests and learn about a wide-range of healthcare career opportunities. Students will meet and observe healthcare professionals in action in their work settings, including: nurses, radiology technologists, respiratory therapists, physical therapists, laboratory technologists and more. Lunch will be provided daily.
Where: Einstein Medical Center - Philadelphia campus at 5501 Old York Rd, Philadelphia, PA 19141
When: We are offering two sessions this summer. Session 1 is open to students who have a family member that works at Einstein. Session 2 is open to students in our community.
- Session 1: June 27 – July 8, 2022 (9:00am – 1:30pm) Note: no program on July 4th
- Session 2: July 11 – July 22, 2022 (9:00am – 1:30pm)
Requirements: Students must be at least 15 years of age
In order to apply for the program please complete the Student Application below. Please follow these steps:
- Fill out the program application
- Teacher recommendation – have teacher email directly to Ellen.Goldberg@jefferson.edu
- Have a parent or guardian sign the permission form
If you are admitted to the program, you’ll be required to:
- Have a health screening (free of charge) at Einstein's employee health program, LiveWell. We will guide you through this process, which is aimed at protecting the health and safety of our patients, staff, and students.
Please note: Only students that have been accepted into the DHI program will be notified! If you have been accepted you will receive an email on or around the week of May 20th, 2022. If you are not accepted, you will not be notified.