Our objective is to train graduates to provide expert palliative medicine and hospice care in any setting, including inpatient, ambulatory, community, or hospice settings. Specifically, graduates will be able to:
- Provide specialized pain and symptom management skills.
- Effectively collaborate with all members of the interdisciplinary team, including colleagues from nursing, social work, chaplaincy, and advanced practice provider disciplines.
- Provide expert, sub-specialty level communication and complex medical decision-making support to patients and requesting providers.
- Develop the educational skills to help non-palliative care providers practice primary palliative care.
- Act in the Hospice Medical Director role and demonstrate understanding of the hospice clinical and regulatory environment.
- Understand the role of palliative care in population health initiatives and develop the leadership skills to innovate in the growing population health space.