Some strengths of the program include:
- Supportive atmosphere to foster professional and intellectual development.
- Excellent faculty mentoring program which is assigned during intern year.
- Fellowship mentoring to reach your fellowship aspirations.
- Ability to work closely with faculty members to provide exemplary care to the patients.
- A rigorous academic Curriculum including prestigious morning report with faculty and didactic lectures by subspecialists.
- Multiple leadership opportunities, including chief resident opportunity and Active participation in Committees of hospital
- Great community to live in and a beautiful suburb of Philadelphia
The Internal Medicine Residency Program follows the guidelines and policies of the Accreditation for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME). The following is a list of the competencies:
- Patient care
- Medical Knowledge
- Practice Based Learning and improvement (self-improvement)
- Interpersonal and Communication Skills
- System Based Practice
The house staff evaluation process is competency based. In this edition of our curriculum, educational program descriptions for the core rotations have been restructured around these core competencies.