The EMCM Internal Medicine program includes these features:
- New Community Outreach program to help local medically underserved community
- ACP Membership with MKSAP included
- Addiction Medicine incorporated into curriculum
- Nutrition and wellness elective for resident physicians
- Retreats and Wellness
Opportunities to rotate in:
- Pulmonary, sleep and interventional pulmonary
- Infectious disease
- Sports Medicine
- Cardiology (full diagnostic and interventional learning experiences)
- Palliative Medicine
- Neurology (stroke center)
- Emergency Medicine (Interaction with toxicology)
- Graduated Responsibility in a Junior Attending Role
Some strengths of the program include:
- Supportive atmosphere to foster professional and intellectual development.
- Excellent faculty mentoring program which is assigned during intern year.
- Fellowship mentoring to reach your fellowship aspirations.
- Ability to work closely with faculty members to provide exemplary care to the patients.
- A rigorous academic curriculum including prestigious morning report with faculty and didactic lectures by subspecialists.
- Multiple leadership opportunities, including chief resident opportunity and active participation in committees of hospital
- Great community to live in and a beautiful suburb of Philadelphia
The Internal Medicine Residency Program follows the guidelines and policies of the Accreditation for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME). The following is a list of the competencies:
- Patient care
- Medical Knowledge
- Practice-Based Learning and improvement (self-improvement)
- Interpersonal and Communication Skills
- System-Based Practice
The house staff evaluation process is competency-based. In this edition of our curriculum, educational program descriptions for the core rotations have been restructured around these core competencies.