How to Apply
Einstein Healthcare Network’s General Surgery Residency Program has established the following criteria for consideration into our program.
- Graduation from medical school within three years
- International Medical Graduates will be considered; we sponsor J1 visa only
- USMLE 1 & 2 require a minimum score of 225—multiple attempts will not be considered
- Osteopathic medical students are required to take USMLE 1 & 2
Applications are accepted via the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) only. Complete applications require:
- ERAS Application
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- USMLE 1 Scores (and 2, if taken)
- Medical School Transcript
- Personal Statement may want to include any commentary about participation in any Surgical Preparatory (Boot Camp) courses at your current institution or medical school, and why you wish to train in Philadelphia"
For ranking, USMLE 2 and a Dean's letter are required but they are not required to be considered for an interview. The application deadline is November 30.
We participate in the National Resident Matching Program. The NRMP number for categorical positions is 1631440C0, and the NRMP number for first year preliminary positions is 1631440P0.
Learn more about Einstein's clinical observership program.
Follow Einstein Surgery Residency on Twitter
Karlie Wagner, MBA
Residency Program Administrator
5501 Old York Road, Klein 510
Philadelphia, PA 19141