Jewish Health Resource Center
Programs & Resources
The JHRC operates in a range of medical and academic areas, including Jewish genetic disease prevention, staff training, community outreach and public education events, such healthcare symposiums.
- Prevention of Jewish Genetic Diseases program (formerly Einstein Victor Center) – Advocates and provides resources to prevent life-threatening genetic diseases through preconception genetic screening, education, and counseling of individuals and couples with ANY Jewish ancestry. Contact us to schedule a screening or counseling session
- Pikuach Nefesh (to save a life) and Kovod (respect)
- Dor L’Dor (Generation to Generation) – Provide staff education to enable Einstein staff to better understand Jewish customs and traditions, so they can partner with patients, community members and local organizations to better treat and serve our Jewish population.
- Nutritional Support – Provides an opportunity for a better understanding of how our nutrition directly impacts our health and how we can eat well with food preferences and customs in mind.
- MossRehab's Disability Etiquette and It's Just Respect program – Aims to educate people in the workplace, retail business or in the community—about disability etiquette.
- Stop the Bleed – A free program for bystander emergency aid. Provides bystander instruction and hands on practice in emergency first aid for uncontrolled bleeding. What you can do in the first 5 minutes could save a life!
Learn more about how to navigate healthcare as a member of the Jewish community. If you have any questions, be sure to ask your healthcare providers.
- Sharsheret – Improves the lives of Jewish women and families living with or at increased genetic risk for breast or ovarian cancer through personalized support and saves lives through educational outreach.
- Einstein Refugee Wellness Center