Providing Superior Care in a Safe Environment
Life-changing liver care starts here
We guide our patients every step of the way. Learn more about how Einstein is different.
- Transplant Experts: The Center for Advanced Liver Disease and Transplantation at Einstein Healthcare Network consistently has one of the highest 1-year adult liver transplant patient survival rates in the region, according to data released by the Scientific Registry of Transplant Recipients.
- The Region's Only Dedicated Inpatient Unit: The Liver Care Center at Einstein Medical Center Philadelphia is the only inpatient unit dedicated to the care of patients with liver disease in the Delaware Valley.
- A Location Near You: Our regional program has offices in Philadelphia, Montgomery County and multiple satellite locations in the tri-state area, including New Jersey and Delaware.
- Appointments scheduled in days, not weeks: Evaluation appointments are scheduled within one week of the initial appointment request.
- Compassionate team approach: You will have one-on-one meetings with each member of your coordinated transplant team. This team will create a customized treatment plan to meet your individual needs.
- Dedicated Multidisciplinary Team: Our care team provides the most advanced diagnosis and treatment of liver diseases and complications, including hepatitis C, autoimmune hepatitis and liver cancer. Along with specialized nurses, nutritionists, behavioral health specialists, social workers, and physicians throughout Einstein, our hepatologists work with you to manage your care and develop treatment plans that are stronger from the beginning.
- Clinical trials and research: You have access to the latest medications and treatment techniques.
- York House: You may choose to stay in our on-campus housing and use our complimentary shuttle service.
- Free interpreters: Our interpreters provide spoken language and sign language interpreters free of charge.
- New Patients: Please download our new patient packet.
- Designated transplantation center: Einstein is recognized by the United Network for Organ Sharing (UNOS).
Request an Appointment
Coordinated, Convenient Care
Our team of specialists - from hepatology, radiology and surgery - work together from evaluation through post-operative recovery to give you personalized care. We have extensive experience in treating a wide range of liver disease conditions including:
- Autoimmune Hepatitis
- Drug Toxicity / Toxic Hepatitis
- Fatty Liver
- Liver Cancer
- Viral Hepatitis (A, B, C, D, E)
One-day, One-location Liver Cancer Evaluations by Multiple Specialists
When you contact Einstein for liver cancer treatment, a nurse navigator will arrange your evaluations – by up to five physician specialists – to be performed at Einstein Medical Center.
After your initial visit, any tests and follow-up appointments you need are scheduled for you. Your case is then examined and evaluated each week by your treatment team.
- Medical oncologist
- Radiation oncologist
- Interventional oncologist
- Hepatobiliary surgeon
- Social Worker