Diagnosing Liver Disease
Liver disease can reveal itself subtly or through pronounced health effects. Symptoms often only occur once liver function has begun to deteriorate. If you experience any of these symptoms, seek medical treatment immediately.
Common liver disease symptoms:
- Stomach varices bleeding
- Weakness and fatigue
- Abnormally high blood pressure
- Fluid buildup
- Liver enlargement and abdominal bloating
- Decline of cognitive function and forgetfulness
Einstein’s liver experts deploy the latest and most advanced diagnostic tools to identify your condition and find the ideal treatment.
Diagnostic testing may include:
- Blood work
- Imaging (x-ray, CT scan, ultrasound)
- Liver tissue tests or biopsy
- Genetic tests
Learn more about liver disease treatment options available at Einstein.