Conditions & Treatments
Neuro Mental Health Clinic
Einstein's Neuro Mental Health Clinic is the only one of its kind in Philadelphia specifically dedicated to providing psychological and psychiatric treatment for patients with cognitive impairments due to neurologic conditions.
We work with MossRehab – consistently ranked among the best in the U.S. and top-ranked in Pennsylvania – to provide an outpatient neuro mental health clinic to treat those with cognitive difficulties.
Psychological and Cognitive Care
Many patients with neurologic diseases or injuries suffer from both cognitive impairments and mental health problems; however, cognitive difficulties with memory, attention, language comprehension and executive function may all interfere with the process of psychotherapy. The Neuro Mental Health Clinic conducts a cognitive assessment and then plans a patient's psychotherapy taking specific cognitive limitations into consideration.
These services are intended for patients with cognitive difficulties that accompany neurological injuries, such as:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Multiple sclerosis
- Anoxic or metabolic brain injuries
- Brain tumors
- Other acquired neurological injuries that result in cognitive difficulties
Treatment is designed to address patients’ problems with:
- Anger management
- Difficulties adjusting to their medical conditions
Family and caregivers are included in treatment whenever possible. Psychiatric care and medication are available through the clinic, as needed.
Supportive CBT Sessions
Our licensed professionals conduct treatment from a Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT) model to treat patients’ dysfunctional behaviors, emotions and thoughts in a goal-oriented manner:
- CBT is conducted in three to 18 sessions as needed.
- Patients can be treated individually or with a family member or friend serving as a therapy partner.
- The treatment team also includes our neuropsychologists, clinical psychologists and psychiatrists.