Einstein Healthcare Network is a designated Baby-Friendly Hospital (2018-2023). This means we support breastfeeding, which provides the following benefits for babies and mothers:
Breastfeeding Benefits for Babies:
- Increased protection against infections, asthma, allergies and diabetes
- Easier digestion
- Decreased likeliness of stomach upset
- Enhanced brain development
- Lower chance of obesity later in life
- Sense of bonding, comfort and security from mother
Breastfeeding Benefits for Mothers:
- Higher likelihood to return to pre-pregnancy weight
- Reduced risk for long-term obesity
- Faster postpartum recovery
- Reduced risk of postpartum bleeding
- Increased closeness and bonding with baby
- Decreased chance of developing breast and ovarian cancers and osteoporosis
- Lowers the risk of cardiac disease
- Lowers the risk of developing diabetes
- Saves money
Shortly after the birth of your baby, Einstein's certified lactation consultants from our Lactation Center will teach you the proper techniques to ensure the most benefits of breastfeeding. Some topics they cover include correct feeding and pumping techniques as well as proper nutrition while breastfeeding your baby. They are available as needed to discuss any concerns you have, including proper nutrition while breastfeeding.
Einstein Montgomery offers Outpatient Lactation Care at our Women's Resource Center in Plymouth Meeting. Reasons to see a Lactation Consultant include include baby's NICU stay, sore nipples, premature or late-preterm/early-term baby, non-latching baby, breast pumping questions, nipple shield use, and more. To make an appointment, please call 484-362-6133.
Schedule an Appointment
Einstein's Obstetrics specialists are compassionate--and passionate--about your health, your birth experience and your baby. Make an appointment to meet with a member of our team today.
Find a Specialist