Multiple Sclerosis Therapy
Our therapy management program provides regular telephone calls from pharmacists who have special training in multiple sclerosis management. A pharmacist calls you monthly to assess how you're doing with the medication and provide helpful tips and information about staying on schedule and ways to manage and reduce side effects. During this phone call your medication can be refilled and set up for delivery.
The pharmacy team will work closely with your providers to ensure you have the appropriate lab values so that your therapy will be covered by your insurance provider.
Before starting a new medication, make sure to let us know if:
- If you are allergic to any medications or have had an unusual reaction to any medication, food, or other substance; if you are currently taking any other medications (including over-the-counter medications) or dietary supplements such as herbal preparations, vitamins, and minerals.
- If you are pregnant, think you might be pregnant, or plan to become pregnant.
- If you are breastfeeding.
- If you have any other medical problems other than the one(s) for which your medication is being prescribed.
- If you have issues taking medication.
Key information while taking medication
- Take your medications exactly as prescribed by your doctor, including at the right times and for the full length of your prescribed treatment.
Know the name and purpose of each prescription and over-the-counter medication and dietary supplement.
- Take note of the side effects and how to manage them if they appear.
- Store medication away from heat or direct light.
- Do not leave you medication in a car for extended periods of time.
- Dispose of un-needed/outdated medications properly.
- Keep medication out of each of children and animals.
For more information about your specific therapy please call 1-877-218-4499 or email EinsteinAtCenterOnePharmacy@einstein.edu and a pharmacist will be able to provide specific information about your drug therapy.